About the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say Real Madrid coach Solari: We want to retain our Club World Cup titleby Carlos Volcano10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveReal Madrid coach Santiago Solari says they’re in the Club World Cup to win it.Real’s squad are already in Abu Dhabi for the tournament.The Argentine said, “For the club it’s great to be here, it means that Real Madrid are Champions League champions again and it’s the trophy that we like the most.”To be in the Club World Cup again is fantastic and we hope to retain the title this year, which these great players already won last year.”It’s always important to go in to this tournament off the back of a win. The Club World Cup has already begun, we have been following it on television and now we’re happy to have arrived and turn our focus to Wednesday’s game. Until now we were thinking about Rayo, who were our previous opponent, and the only thing that has happened after has been a flight. Now we’ll concentrate and begin to prepare for the first match against Kashima Antlers.”
West Ham announce official travel partnerby Ian Ferrisa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveWest Ham United have announced Nirvana as their official travel partner, reports, www.sportspromedia.com/.The deal will see the company, which specialises in event travel, accommodation and logistics for sporting and leisure events, provide exclusive travel offers to Hammers fans.Nirvana adds West Ham to a list of sporting partners, which include Paralympics GB, British Triathlon and the Ironman European Tour Series. For the Premier League club, Nirvana adds to a list of recent commercial deals in recent months, having signed up the likes of Monster Energy, Ivacy VPN and Osonyq.Karim Virani, West Ham United’s commercial and digital director, said: “It’s fantastic to sign up Nirvana as our official travel partner. Their expertise in planning and logistics will benefit our squads as they travel around the country, and in time we’ll work with Nirvana to bring exclusive offers to our supporters too.” TagsPremiership NewsAbout the authorIan FerrisShare the loveHave your say
The Ananda Alert System has been strengthened with an allocation of $9 million, as part of efforts to bolster its response and recovery mechanism.The Ananda Alert is a nationwide system, designed to ensure a speedy and safe recovery of a child in the unfortunate event that he/she is missing or abducted.Minister of Youth and Culture, Hon. Lisa Hanna, on Tuesday, May 14, signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), aimed at enhancing the Ananda Alert System through a multi-sectoral approach, at the Courtleigh Hotel in Kingston.Ms. Hanna informed that the additional resources to the system will ensure that the required staffing and management mechanisms are in place to support the programme.She added that the allocation will also enable the streamlining of efforts whenever a child is reported missing.The Minister underscored that the recovery of missing children cannot be the sole responsibility of the Office of the Children’s Registry (OCR), the Ministry, or even the Police, who have been a critical partner since the inception of the programme.“The success requires the partnership and the co-ordination of all sectors, not only private sector, but certainly all sectors in this country. It should be our duty to take responsibility for each and every child, whether they are biologically ours or not,” she said.Ms. Hanna informed that since the transfer of the Ananda Alert System to the OCR in March 2013, a series of consultations have been held with various key stakeholders, with the aim of finding fast and effective methods to lead to the safe recovery of children who have gone missing.“The success of the search and rescue activities requires the co-ordinated and relentless efforts of the Police and every Jamaican citizen to help save a child,” she said, adding that technology and social media are playing critical roles in this effort.Prior to the transfer, the Ananda Alert System was operated by the Ministry of Local Government and Community Development.Under the Ananda Alert System, when a child is reported missing, the name and picture will be publicised on various media, such as television, radio, billboards and multimedia equipment in stores, supermarkets, pharmacies and other locations.“This will strengthen the likelihood of a missing child being identified much sooner, and decreases the possibility of any harm coming to the child. The role of the media is vital and I urge all media houses to continue and expand their contribution of time and space for the recovery of missing children,” she said.Reiterating the Government’s commitment to safeguarding the rights of the nation’s children, Ms. Hanna said policies and programmes aimed at protecting them, have been bolstered in the 2013/14 budgetary allocations.The MoU, which was signed by various stakeholders, is aimed at raising public awareness concerning missing children and also seeks to strengthen rescue, recovery and intervention measures that are vital to the welfare of child victims and their families.Signatories included representatives from: the Child Development Agency; the Jamaica Information Service; the Office of the Children’s Advocate; the Creative Production and Training Centre (CPTC); the Public Broadcasting Corporation of Jamaica; the Ministries of Youth and Culture, Health, Education, Justice, Local Government and Community Development, National Security, and Foreign Affairs and Foreign TradeThe Ananda Alert system involves the mobilization of stakeholders into getting the message of a missing child into the public domain the moment the matter is reported to the police.The aim is to create a rapid response from law enforcement personnel and communities to help bring the matter to public attention, with the aim of increasing the chances of a safe recovery and return to family, guardian and/or place of safety.Contact: Chris Patterson
Twitter Director Tim Miller has left Deadpool 2 after creative differences with the movie’s star, Ryan Reynolds.Miller, who directed Deadpool, has parted ways with film studio Fox after butting heads with Reynolds over certain issues relating to the sequel, according to The Hollywood Reporter.The 39-year-old, who plays the Marvel anti-superhero, was a producer on the original movie along with Simon Kinberg and Lauren Shuler Donner, but sources told the publication his influence on the sequel has increased “exponentially”. Advertisement LEAVE A REPLY Cancel replyLog in to leave a comment Advertisement Advertisement Login/Register With: Miller hadn’t signed a formal deal for the sequel, but he was reportedly working on the script. Facebook
Hussainabad (Jharkhand): Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh Tuesday said naxals will be rooted out in the country by 2023. Rebels and terrorists come in the way of the country’s security, which is an essential part of development, and will be crushed, Singh told a poll rally here. Naxals have been almost eliminated in Jharkhand and their remaining pockets in the state will end soon, he said. Singh, who was campigning in support of Palamau (SC) constituency sitting BJP MP V D Ram, claimed that Jharkhand Mukti Morcha and Congress have joined hands in the state due to their “lust for power” but will not be successful in acheiving their goal. Also Read – India gets first tranche of Swiss bank a/c details There is no leader in the opposition to match the stature of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Those who appear to be leaders in the opposition are “dwarfs” compared to him, he said. Referring to developmental schemes like the Ujjwala Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana and Jan Dhan Yojana, the union minister said BJP is committed to usher in development of the country by 2022 and its poll manifesto reflected it. Ridiculing opposition parties seeking proof of bodies in the aftermath of Balakot air strikes, Singh said the air force’s job was to hit the terror camps, which it carried out, and not count bodies. Also Read – Tourists to be allowed in J&K from Thursday Our leader Atal Bihari Vajpayee, who was then in the opposition, had praised the then prime minister Indira Gandhi after the 1971 war against Pakistan and creation of Bangladesh. But now that Prime Minister Narendra Modi had taken a big step (Balakot air strike) the opposition leaders are raising questions instead of praising him. After Pulwama attack all the countries, including Islamic countries, stood with India. “India’s policy is not to fire the first bullet but to respond strongly to any bullet fired at it”, he said. Addressing another rally in neighbouring Chatra Lok Sabha constituency for BJP’s sitting MP Sunil Kumar Singh, the union minister said that Garibi-mukt Bharat can only be possibble only when there is a Congress-mukt Bharat. In the last five years the BJP-led NDA government made notable achievements in opening bank accounts for the poor, building roads, distribution of gas cylinders and its housing scheme and according to a survey report 7.5 crore people were taken out of poverty. Palamau goes to the polls along with Chatra and Lohardaga(ST) seats in the fourth phase of polling on April 29, which will be the first phase for Jharkhand.
1981Pittsburgh12 ILBJoshua Perry1025.1 1967Michigan State8113.7 1987Penn State13 POSITIONPLAYEROVERALL SELECTIONDRAFT VALUE 1944Notre Dame13 1975USC14 1981Pittsburgh12106.2 WRMichael Thomas4710.1 1946Notre Dame16170.4 1945Notre Dame15126.2 1988Oklahoma13 1993Notre Dame9114.0 1975Ohio State13 2015Florida State11101.7 1944USC12 1945Notre Dame15 FSVonn Bell618.4 1944Texas12 TENick Vannett945.7 2016Ohio State12 2004Ohio State14 Source: Pro-football-reference.com Coach Urban Meyer came to Columbus in 2012, and the Ohio State football team has been outstanding from the moment he arrived. In his first season, the Buckeyes went 12-0, although the team was ineligible for a bowl game or postseason play. In 2013, the team began 12-0 again before being upset by Michigan State in the Big 10 championship game. Two seasons ago, Ohio State won the national championship, going 12-1 in the regular season and defeating Wisconsin, Alabama and Oregon in the postseason behind third-string quarterback Cardale Jones. And last season, Ohio State’s only loss came as time expired against Michigan State in late November. 2006USC11102.8 1952Maryland12 1976Colorado12 2000Tennessee9102.6 OLBDarron Lee2015.5 Given all that, it wasn’t a surprise that Ohio State produced a top-notch draft class in 2016. What is surprising is that it’s the most impressive draft class in modern history. At the most basic level, there were just a lot of Buckeyes taken in the draft. Twelve Ohio State players were selected during the 2016 NFL draft, the 25th time a school has had such a distinction. And, in fact, it’s the fourth time Ohio State has sent at least a dozen players to the pros via the NFL draft:But although Ohio State was not exactly hurting in the quantity department, the quality of those picks sets the team apart. Consider, for example, that although the Texas Longhorns had 17 players drafted in 1984, eight of those players were selected with the 180th pick or later; conversely, all 12 Ohio State players were selected in the first four rounds, with Jones being the last pick at number 139. Using the draft value chart, which assigns the average marginal approximate value produced by each draft pick, we can give more weight to the best picks to provide a more accurate measure of class strength. Here is how many points of draft value were used on each Ohio State player in the 2016 draft: CBEli Apple1019.9 1953USC15 Schools with more than a dozen players chosen in one year YEARTEAMNUMBER OF PICKSDRAFT VALUE 1940USC9100.3 1971Ohio State13 1982Texas12 1950Minnesota13 1988Miami (FL)12 DEJoey Bosa327.6 1987Miami (FL)7108.1 1968USC11122.2 Source: Pro-football-reference.com Total OTTaylor Decker1616.9 1947UCLA9103.1 1974UCLA12 Source: Pro-Football-Reference.com 1946Notre Dame16 DTAdolphus Washington806.7 2002Miami (FL)11103.3 RBEzekiel Elliott425.8 2008USC10107.1 1977USC13 1954Notre Dame12 2004MiamI (FL)9114.8 1984Texas17 WRBraxton Miller856.3 2016Ohio State12151.2 1942Texas10100.6 1954Notre Dame12121.7 1939TCU6100.1 1977USC13113.9 2006Ohio State9111.5 1955Notre Dame9128.8 1975Nebraska12 The 2016 Ohio State draft class is amazing 151.2 Incredibly, Ohio State had five players drafted in the top 20 and another five in the top 100. As a result, a total of 151.2 points of draft value was used on Buckeyes players. That’s the most — by a very large margin — in 70 years. The table below shows the top 25 draft classes as measured by points of draft value used to select players: 1948Alabama6103.8 2010Oklahoma7112.9 YEARSCHOOLPICKS QBCardale Jones1393.2 2012Alabama898.7 1950Notre Dame12 Using this methodology, the best draft class between the 1970 merger and this year came out of Miami in 2004. And yet this class beat that mark by 31.7 percent! That Hurricanes draft was great, with Sean Taylor (fifth overall), Kellen Winslow Jr. (sixth), Jonathan Vilma (12th), D.J. Williams (17th), Vernon Carey (19th) and Vince Wilfork (21st) all selected in the first round. But after those six players, Miami didn’t have another player drafted until the seventh round. By contrast, the Buckeyes had five first-round picks, two more in the second round, three in the third and two more in the fourth. As a result, it stands out as the most impressive draft class in modern history.
In 2015, there was a Cristiano Ronaldo’s film which gave an insight into his sporting and personal life, it is 2018 and the Portugues international star is set to start up his own reality show and it will be about himself, only that this time, it will be on social media.The reality show will follow Ronaldo on and off the pitch and shall be partly produced by Tom Brady’s Religion of Sports media company who had before now, created a series on the NFL star named Tom vs Time for Facebook Watch, according to Variety via FourFourTwo.Ronaldo who has 122m followers on his official Facebook page seeks to sell the concept of a 13-part series with Facebook reportedly keen to secure it.Fiorentina owner: “Ribery played better than Ronaldo!” Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Fiorentina owner Rocco Commisso was left gushing over Franck Ribery’s performance against Juventus, which he rates above that of even Cristiano Ronaldo’s.The series has been reported to have a value of around $10m (£8.8m) and this means Ronaldo will be adequately paid no matter who it’s sold to. However, that isn’t the only one the five-time Ballon d’Or winne wants to have.Ronaldo will launch a superhero series named Striker Force 7 and a drama following a girls’ high school soccer team in upstate New York very soon.
Former Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has advised Paris Saint-Germain to sign Aaron Ramsey.The French champions have reportedly joined Bayern Munich in the race for the signature of Aaron Ramsey and have received rave reviews from his old boss Arsene Wenger, Metro claims.Ramsey is out of contract next summer and is expected to leave the Gunners after they surprisingly withdrew their contract offer despite months of positive talks.It had been reported that Ramsey’s destination is Munich, but reports in France claim PSG have been advised to try and sign him by Wenger.The former AS Monaco manager who signed Ramsey back in 2008, has a good relationship with PSG’s owners and has been linked with the sporting director role at the club.Merson believes Arsenal should sign Sancho Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 Borussia Dortmund winger Jadon Sancho might be the perfect player to play for the Gunners, according to former England international Paul Merson.Wenger has met with PSG manager Thomas Tuchel previously and talk of singing the Wales international came up, with Wenger Le Parisian’s fears.Arsenal are reportedly mulling over whether to cash in on Ramsey when the transfer window reopens in January should they receive a good enough offer.Though the 27-year-old can begin negotiating a pre-contract agreement to leave free as soon as the window opens.Bayern are understood to have held talks with the former Cardiff MSN’s representatives with Ramsey demanding around £200,000 in weakly wages as well as a huge signing-on fee.
Facebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享The Homer City Council introduced an ordinance at their meeting on Monday, February 26, that would allow the sale of commercial marijuana products on the Spit. The council introduced the ordinance following a recommendation that came in August 2017 from the Cannabis Advisory Commission to allow commercial marijuana establishments on the Spit, a place that currently does not allow them. The ordinance will be up for public hearing at the council’s March 12 meeting. Currently the only areas in Homer were marijuana stores can operate are in the central business district, two general commercial districts and the East End district. The Ordinance amends the former Homer city code, and adds permitted uses and structures, by adding marijuana retail facilities in the Marine Commercial District (the spit). When Homer began drafting its regulations for commercial marijuana the spit was among the areas where the retail facilities were not allowed. Story as aired: Audio PlayerJennifer-on-homer-spit-pot-shops.mp3VmJennifer-on-homer-spit-pot-shops.mp300:00RPd
Donald Trump & Vladimir Putin. File PhotoThe Kremlin said on Wednesday that Russia was still open to the possibility of a meeting between US president Donald Trump and his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin despite Washington’s expulsion of a slew of Russian diplomats.Trump earlier this month congratulated Putin on his re-election win and said the two leaders would meet soon.However, already poor ties between Moscow and Washington have since deteriorated further over the poisoning of a former Russian spy in Britain and the United States on Monday said it was expelling 60 Russian diplomats.Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters on a conference call on Wednesday that Moscow had received no information from Washington about whether the Trump-Putin meeting was still on the agenda, but remained open to cooperation.