Oct 6, 2005 CIDRAP News article “HHS to buy two anthrax drugs for testing” The HHS had previously awarded Cangene and another company, Human Genome Sciences, Inc., of Rockville, Md., contracts to test two experimental anthrax drugs. “Our first line of defense against anthrax is antibiotics,” said HHS assistant secretary for public health emergency preparedness Craig Vanderwagen, MD. “While additional studies are underway to determine its efficacy and ultimate role in treatment, AIG may have the potential to provide physicians with a source of human antibodies against the anthrax toxin that could improve the management of patients with the life-threatening toxemia associated with severe anthrax.” B anthracis is classified as a category A bioweapon. Anthrax spores sent through the US mail in the fall of 2001 caused 22 cases of anthrax,11 cutaneous and 11 inhalational. Five patients with the latter form died. The source of the anthrax has never been identified. Jul 28 HHS press release on adding AIG to the national stockpilehttp://archive.hhs.gov/news/press/2006pres/20060728.html See also: Jul 31, 2006 (CIDRAP News) The US government announced Jul 28 that it will add 10,000 courses of anthrax immune globulin (AIG) to the strategic national stockpile. Toxins produced by the anthrax bacteria are believed to be a major cause of mortality in infected patients. The HHS says AIG is a potentially promising addition to the options physicians have to prevent and treat anthrax infections. In a press release Jul 28, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) said it awarded a $143,833,719 contract to Cangene, based in Winnipeg, Man. Deliveries of AIG, used to prevent or treat inhalational anthrax cause by Bacillus anthracis, to the stockpile are expected to begin in 2007. Full payment to Cangene hinges on the product being approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA); however, the contract permits delivery of the product before FDA approval in an emergency.
“The commission has prepared procurement documentation and prepared a project task according to UNESCO guidelines, and it implies cooperation of city administration and institutions with the private sector, associations, citizens, civil society organizations and its success will depend on the success of its implementation in all management moves. world good ”Mihaela Skurić, director of the Institute for the Reconstruction of Dubrovnik, emphasized in the introduction “This is the first management plan in the Republic of Croatia for the UNESCO-protected area, which is why we have included the University of Zagreb, the University of Dubrovnik, as well as foreign experts with experience in developing a management plan to respond well to this task.” concluded the Dean of the Faculty of Architecture, University of Zagreb Krunoslav Šmit. The City of Dubrovnik, the Faculty of Architecture of the University of Zagreb and the Institute for the Reconstruction of Dubrovnik have signed an Agreement on the execution of services for the preparation of the Management Plan for the monumental ensemble of the City of Dubrovnik. The Management Plan is a planning document based on which a framework for the management of the World Heritage Site “Old Town of Dubrovnik” is created in order to preserve and improve the properties of outstanding universal value under the protection of UNESCO, while developing modern life through sustainable management and use of good and its contact zone. “The management plan will define everything we have problems with on a daily basis and thus life will be much easier for the city administration, residents and all businesses that want to do business in the historic core, because the rules of the game will be known. We are preparing and adopting a buffer zone, we are really taking care of the UNESCO protected area on several levels”Said the Mayor of the City of Dubrovnik, Mato Franković, and concluded that it is crucial to preserve the protected cultural heritage in the best possible condition for future generations. The management plan is prepared for the period from 2020 to 2025, and it should elaborate the goals, define priorities through the action plan, and propose specific conditions and measures, organizational models and rules that should be adopted by the City Council, all for the purpose of optimal protection and preservation of World Heritage assets in key processes of inclusion in modern life and economic development. Mayor Franković thanked the Institute for Reconstruction, the Ministry of Culture headed by Minister Nina Obuljen Koržinek, Mayor Tanja Lolić and all those who participated in the long process that preceded the signing of the contract.
FILE – In this Tuesday, Oct. 31, 2017 file photo, Manchester United coach Jose Mourinho looks on during their Champions League group A soccer match against Benfica, at Old Trafford, in Manchester, England. Jose Mourinho has extended his contract at Manchester United, tying him to the Premier League club until at least 2020. United announced the new deal for its manager on Thursday, Jan. 25, 2018. (AP Photo/Dave Thompson, file)Jose Mourinho insists he is only interested in the future prosperity of Manchester United rather than his own position at the troubled club.Mourinho has found his future as United manager the subject of much discussion after a tempestuous period, dating back to a frustrating close-season transfer window.ADVERTISEMENT DepEd’s Taal challenge: 30K students displaced MOST READ Mourinho refused to discuss even the most banal of topics with the media, other than to claim that he was not left frustrated by the defeat at Brighton last weekend.“No, it is not a frustration because it would also be a frustration if we win every match against the non top-six team and don’t win against the top six, that would also be a frustration,” he said.“We want to win all the time. We want to play well all the time. We don’t want to make mistakes. That is what you always want.“We want a winning style. Don’t make defensive mistakes. Be dominant. Chances, score goals and go home with the three points.”Mourinho has clearly been unhappy with the coverage the mainstream media has provided of his club over the past few months — especially a disappointing transfer market and his obviously tricky relationship with key figures at Old Trafford.And, in response, Mourinho refused to address the issue of whether or not he had entered the new season with a squad that was to his satisfaction.“You know my answer,” said Mourinho.“I do not need to answer because I do not even know sometimes why I am here because you know everything.“During the week it looks like you show that you know everything then I come here and you ask me questions. It’s a bit strange.”Even when United’s hapless press officer attempted to move the line of questioning onto the meeting with Tottenham, Mourinho refused to play ball or discuss Pochettino’s side. Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award South Korea deals Philippines another heartbreak in Asian Games basketball Palace OKs total deployment ban on Kuwait OFWs Will you be the first P16 Billion Powerball jackpot winner from the Philippines? Peza offers relief to ecozone firms Gov’t in no rush to rescue animals in Taal ‘High crimes and misdemeanors’: Trump impeachment trial begins Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Gretchen Barretto’s daughter Dominique graduates magna cum laude from California college LATEST STORIES Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew View comments When asked for his opinion on Spurs’ failure to strengthen their squad this summer, he snapped: “It is not my problem.”Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Judy Ann’s 1st project for 2020 is giving her a ‘stomachache’ “In my career, I was never selfish and thinking about myself, I was always a club man.“That’s what I am. I am really happy when the supporters they support the team. Against Leicester, you can say in a normal situation because the team was playing well and was winning.“But to be supportive of the team against Brighton, where we didn’t play well and lost the match, it gives you a fantastic feeling.“I hope that feeling, the players also feel it and the players they are ready to give them everything they have.”Winning styleADVERTISEMENT That led to conjecture that Mourinho was not happy with the efforts of executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward, who handles player signings at Old Trafford.Equally damaging has been Mourinho’s relationship with star player Paul Pogba, which has come under close scrutiny after comments made by the France midfielder.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSJapeth Aguilar wins 1st PBA Finals MVP award for GinebraSPORTSTim Cone still willing to coach Gilas but admits decision won’t be ‘simple yes or no’Mourinho was in particularly dour and uncooperative mood ahead of his team’s Premier League meeting with Mauricio Pochettino’s Tottenham on Monday, although, in one of his few talkative moments, he did reveal his gratitude for the support shown by fans over the first two games of the season.“The supporters were fantastic in both matches,” said Mourinho. “Not for me, for the team which is the only thing that matters.