Zaha to remain at Palace after failing to seal summer exit

first_imgCrystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson expects Wilfried Zaha to return to the club after failing to seal a transfer away from Selhurst Park. The Ivory Coast international had been constantly linked with a move over the summer window. Everton saw a £70 million ($85m) plus players bid for the forward rejected, while  Arsenal were also interested in his services before signing Nicolas Pepe.  Editors’ Picks Emery out of jail – for now – as brilliant Pepe papers over Arsenal’s cracks What is Manchester United’s ownership situation and how would Kevin Glazer’s sale of shares affect the club? Ox-rated! Dream night in Genk for Liverpool ace after injury nightmare Messi a man for all Champions League seasons – but will this really be Barcelona’s? Ultimately, however, no deal could be struck, and Zaha will line up for the Eagles in the upcoming Premier League season. And Hodgson expects his charge to overcome his disappointment and remain committed to his current club.”It’s been well documented that he’s wanted to leave but it has not worked out for him in that respect. We expect him to come back and do what he does,” the former England boss signalled to Sky Sports. Zaha is reportedly upset at Palace’s refusal to accept transfer overtures this summer, having filed a transfer request. But Hodgson pointed out that he would have to vent his frustrations with the club’s owners rather than himself.”His beef is with the owners and the chairman. They haven’t been able to work a deal out for him,” he said. Zaha, 26, moved from his native Ivory Coast to Croydon at the age of four and joined local side Palace at 12. He left south London in 2013 for an abortive spell with Manchester United but rejoined the Eagles less than two years later, making himself a favourite at Selhurst Park. In 2018-19 he hit 10 goals in 34 Premier League appearances to finish as the club’s second-top scorer behind Luka Milivojevic, as a strong finish to the season saw Palace seal a comfortable mid-table position. His club form has also seen him become a regular for Ivory Coast in recent seasons, scoring twice at this summer’s African Cup of Nations to help his nation to the quarter-finals, where they lost out on penalties to eventual champions Algeria.last_img read more

Bank teller robbed by lone bandit in minibus

A Teller attached to a city bank is left traumatised after she was attacked and robbed in a passengers’ minibus by a lone bandit at Agricola, Greater Georgetown.The 20 year old young lady of Zeelugt, East Bank Essequibo (EBE) was relieved of her mobile phone at about 13:45h on Monday.The young woman told <> that she boarded the bus at the 32 minibus park and sat in the seat just before the back seat.As was customary, she took out her cell phone to text  her friends on her way home since the journey is quite a long one.However, a male passenger who was seated in the back seat of the minibus, described as being of mixed race, brown in complexion, had plaited hair and was holding a bird cage requested to come off at Agricola.As the man was exiting the minibus, he grabbed the victim’s phone- an iPhone 7 valued over $100,000.Speaking with this online news, the young woman relayed that in an attempt to save her phone, she held unto the perpetrator’s hand and even biting him in the process.“It was so unexpected that he was able to grab the phone from my hand but I tried to hold onto it, he was stronger though so I bit him but he still pulled in away and ran out of the bus” she relayed shaking.No other passengers in the minibus attempted to assist her even as she pleaded with the driver of the minibus to drive behind the suspect who was running through the Agricola Street.“He ran out and I started to yell but nobody tried to help…a man was riding on a bicycle so I screamed and told the man to stop him but the man ignored me…I then ask the bus driver to drive behind him but he refused” this online news was told by the victim.As such, she visited the Providence Police Station where she attempted to file a report but was sent to the Ruimveldt Police Station. Efforts made to track the cell phone proved futile as it had since been turned off.An investigation is on-going. Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)RelatedUpdate: Diamond woman shot in leg, robbed of $200,000July 2, 2015In “Crime”Bandits rob busload of passengersMay 10, 2015In “Crime”UPDATE: One arrested for murder of bus driver at Mc DoomJuly 11, 2017In “Crime” read more